THE 11 COMMANDMENTS OF JERICHO SQUASH
THOU SHALT NOT…
1. Arrive late to your match, leave the court without thanking your opponent & shaking hands, or fail to buy beer(s) when in a losing position.
2. Challenge your opponents’ retrievals or
“gets” or neglect to call your own double
bounces, out-of-court shots, and carries.
3. Wear street shoes on a squash court or wear squash shoes outside.
4. Shout or curse on court or in ear shot of your opponent and/or hit your racquet on the wall or floor.
5. Expect a let/stroke without requesting a let, hit a bad shot and ask for a let, or repeatedly fail to clear.
6. Stall excessively between points and between games.
7. Hit more than 50% of the warm up shots to your side of the court (max two shots and hit to opponent).
8. Employ an excessive swing, and neglect to attempt to reduce it.
9. Leave towels, old grips, food wrappers or other refuse outside the court.
10. Wear perfume, cologne or unwashed smelly clothes on court.
11. Both players must be present to access the court when the court is occupied.
THE SQUASH COMMITTEE THANKS YOU
FOR YOUR COOPERATION!
Courting the squash enthusiast
Professional courts, competitive play and world-class tournaments make Jericho’s squash program one of the most active and popular in Vancouver.
Four international-size singles squash courts are available at the Club, and they are a favourite among members. Players finesse their techniques with training sessions for players of every calibre, squash clinics, box ladder matches and league play.
Exhilarating tournaments, such as the annual BC Honda Sun and Surf tournament and the BC Honda Open, welcome involvement from everyone, including interested spectators and competitive contenders!
With passionate play from our own squash pro and squash enthusiasts, there’s always a vigorous match going on at any time of the year.
Athletic Services Manager